The Monterey Bay Regional Climate Action Compact is an action network of government agencies, educational institutions, private businesses, non-profit, and non-governmental organizations who are committed to working collaboratively to address the causes and effects of global climate change through local initiatives that focus on economic vitality and reduce environmental impacts for the region.
Climate Action Compact partners develop and implement initiatives that focus on accomplishing these primary objectives:
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions
- Economic Development, Job Creation/Retention
- Climate Change Awareness and Education
- Strategic Climate Change Adaptation
The Climate Action Compact is currently organized and staffed by The Offset Project (501-c3).
GREENHOUSE GAS REPORT CARD
- Community Choice Aggregation receives $350k and formed tri-county collaboration
- Monterey Bay Carbon Fund has installed two local Solar for Schools projects
- Commercial and residential energy efficiency
- Three electric Vehicle charging stations have been installed as a result of the Compact’s RFP to members.
- Regional Climate Action Summit
- MBRCAC 2013-2016 Achievement Report
UPCOMING MEETINGS AND EVENTS
Click here to view our schedule of upcoming meetings and events.